Sunday, October 10, 2004

It's good to be home

From Wednesday at about 1 until just about an hour ago, I was on a half business half pleasure trip. After 12 hours on the road in 5 days and flaky intermittent internet access, I'm glad to be back on my own couch with a nice cable internet connection and a real web browser.

I've never been invited to speak before, and I'm honored to have addressed the Department of Statistics at Virginia Tech this past Thursday. They showed me great hospitality, and they're a good group.

On Thursday, I gave two seminars: one for careers and one on my dissertation research.

Then it was off to Hendersonville, NC so that my wife's grandmother could unveil her memoirs. It was a wonderful excuse for a family reunion and lots of food. I got to visit with my brother and sister in law, who graciously hosted me for a week back in April when I attended classes out of town.

Tomorrow it's time to put the nose back to the grind. There's a lot of statistics to do.

P.S. No, I didn't watch the debate. I hear Bush did a lot better. I still don't like any of the candidates, Libertarian candidate included.